.Pictured (left to right):
1. Beetroot powder - Beetroot has an intense pinkish-red color that's perfect to use as a natural food dye. A little goes a long way with beetroot powder. Add it to homemade pastas, smoothies, or grains to change the color without compromising on flavor.
2. Apricot - When apricots are in season, you can freeze the extras for nice cream or dehydrate them for snacks. Apricot powder adds a unique kick to marinades, rubs, dressings, and of course, smoothies.
3. Garlic - Pure homemade garlic powder without any additives or cross contamination...add to soups, sautéed veggies, dressings, marinades....anything!
4. Kale - If you don't like eating this powerful superfood, dehydrated kale powder is great for hiding those nutrients and flavor in smoothies, soups, and pastas. Kale and other powdered greens are also great to use as a natural food dye.
5. Potato - Potato flour is so easy to make, just boil, dehydrate, and grind potatoes! Purple majesty potatoes have a rich color that's also great for a natural food coloring. Bake bread or use it to fry veggies.
6. Edible flowers - You'd be surprised how many flowers are edible, and with a variety of bright colors to choose from, they are the perfect natural food coloring. Talk to your farmer or florist before consuming to be sure!